Friday, August 20, 2010

Surviving The Storm: Photo Reference


I'v never bothered posting the photo ref. I'll take for the paintings I work on. Sometimes they'll just be snapshots of arms and hands light however you need them and other times either I or some friends of mine are in costumes head to toe and holding props and well basically acting out the scene in fragments. I'm sure a lot of you already know what I'm talking about, but like I said I never bother posting it. This time I figured I would go ahead and share some shots from one of my most recent pieces. Just if you were curious, just need a laugh. If there are any other pieces of mine you would like to see a reference shot from let me know.

Another great artist that is always posting great original referance is Paolo Rivera. If you don't already know him, check 'em out.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, this is really cool!

    Bocci and his Parental Unit, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment on my blogpost!
    I really dig this look into the process you're showing here.
    IMO one really pulls off the use of reference images when it looks like they didn't look at any at all while working on them, and I think that's just what you did with that illustration :D

    ReplyDelete